Roses are red, violets are blue. Your pet loves you unconditionally, so take this Valentine’s Day to show them you love them too! Whether you’re a proud puppy mom, or a doggone good dad, these pet-friendly cranberry heart cookies are a sweet treat for furry friends of all kinds.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 eggs (free-range preferred)
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3-4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Miniature heart-shaped cookie cutters
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Preheat your oven to 165°C (about 330°F) and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat the eggs and set aside. Then, combine almond flour, coconut oil and dried cranberries in a separate bowl.
- Carefully pour the eggs into the mixture, mixing with your hands.
Note: The dough will have a very wet consistency. This is A-okay!
- Slowly mix your coconut flour into the mixture, one tablespoon at a time. The ideal consistency will be easy to roll and not too sticky.
- Roll our your dough and use your cookie cutters to punch out your cookies.
Pro Tip: Sprinkling a little coconut flour on top can keep dough from sticking to the cookie cutters.
- Bake your cookies for 15-18 minutes, until crisp.
To check out the full recipe, visit Pretty Fluffy online – and don’t forget to share photos of your pets enjoying their delicious treats on our Facebook page!
At Upper East Side Animal Hospital, we offer complete care for your pet – from routine check-ups, to dentistry and internal medicine. Our caring staff will treat your pet like family, because after all, they are! Just fill out our online contact form or call 212-396-3020 to schedule a consultation today.
Our Hours of Operation
Monday: 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM
Tuesday: 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM
Thursday: 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
ASK THE VET
Connect With Us:
What Our Clients Say
Read our reviews to see if our hospital is a good fit for you and your pet.