Call Us: 212-396–3020
310 East 65th Street, Suite 1C, NY, NY 10065
Pet Surgery Procedure
Before any procedure, the veterinarian will perform a physical exam on the patient. However, because there is always the possibility that a physical exam alone may not identify all health problems, we require pre-anesthetic blood tests be performed within 30- days of the procedure. We will use the information obtained from these tests to tailor an anesthetic protocol especially for your pet so that he/she will be as safe and comfortable during the surgical procedure.
- Nothing to eat after 12:00am the night before the procedure; no water after 7am the morning of the procedure.
- Check-in with the doctor is between 8:45am and 9:00am on the morning of the procedure. The doctor will discuss discharge times and aftercare instructions.
- Most patients will go home with sutures that will need to be removed approximately 14 days following the procedure, free of charge
- Check the suture area regularly for signs of redness, swelling or irritation and call us if you notice any problems or have any concerns.
- Monitor your pet for signs of chewing or licking at the stitches. A collar is available to help deter your pet from this behavior.
- Pain medication will be provided for your pet if needed following the procedure. You can also monitor your pet for signs of pain or discomfort. Please contact us if you have any concerns.
Some of our hospital’s surgical procedures include:
- Cat Declaw
- Caesarean Section (C-section)
- Cherry Eye Surgery (third eyelid)
- Companion Animal Laser Therapy
- Dog and Cat Neuter (castration)
- Dog and Cat Spay (ovariohysterectomy)
- Ear Hematoma Repair
- Exploratory Abdominal Surgery
- Foreign Body Removal
- Hernia Repair
- Orthopedic & Soft Tissue
- Puppy tail dock and dewclaw removal
- Suturing lacerations
- Wart/Cyst/Mass Removal
- Wound repair
Our Hours of Operation
Monday: 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM
Tuesday: 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM
Thursday: 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
ASK THE VET
Connect With Us:
What Our Clients Say
Read our reviews to see if our hospital is a good fit for you and your pet.
Our Vets and Staff will take the time to get to know your pet and understand their unique needs.
Address: 310 East 65th Street, Suite 1C, New York, NY 10065