Call Us: 212-396–3020
310 East 65th Street, Suite 1C, NY, NY 10065
What takes place during your pet's physical exam?
- Abdomen - check for any masses or abnormalities, make sure non-painful on palpation
- Ears - check for any masses, ear infection, inflammation
- Eyes - check optic nerve, blood vessels, changes to cornea or lens (ex. cataracts)
- Genitals - check for any abnormalities
- Heart & Lungs - check heart rate, respiratory rate, any changes to lungs (ex. crackles or wheezes). Check for any heart changes (ex. heart murmur or arrhythmia).
- Lymph Nodes - check for enlargement
- Mouth - check for masses or evidence of dental disease, other abnormalities
- Musculoskeletal - check for any soft tissue swelling, pain, evidence of arthritis, changes in muscle mass.
- Rectal exam - depending on age check prostate and for any masses.
- Skin - check for any redness, inflammation, evidence of infection.
Wellness Exams - Do not wait for symptoms – early detection can save your pet's life!
We recommend annual wellness exams for dogs and cats under 7-years of age so we can help maintain their optimal health. Since pets over 7-years of age are considered seniors, their bodies change at a faster rate, so a wellness exam every 6-months is ideal to help keep them healthy and happy. Twenty-percent of lab tests performed during routine check-ups reveal medical conditions that would have gone undetected, such as diabetes, kidney or thyroid disease.
In order for your pet to remain fully protected against potentially harmful diseases, the Upper East Side Animal Hospital recommends the following vaccines and diagnostics:
- Bordetella - helps to prevent kennel cough
- Fecal Test-checks for parasites
- Lyme/Heartworm Test
- Influenza - Strain #1
- Influenza - Strain #2
- Physical Exam
Our Hours of Operation
Monday: 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM
Tuesday: 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM
Thursday: 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
ASK THE VET
Connect With Us:
What Our Clients Say
Read our reviews to see if our hospital is a good fit for you and your pet.
The Upper East Side Hospital offers all new clients the option to receive Free Vaccines or a Free Exam. Our Vets and Staff will take the time to get to know your pet and understand their unique needs.
Address: 310 East 65th Street, Suite 1C, New York, NY 10065